Day 242 - Alone



Well I actually saw this awesome woodpecker that I was trying to get a picture of but it scurried up the tree too fast and the branches got in my way but I am on the lookout to get a picture of him one of these days. Instead I leave you with this lone pine cone. Almost every time I walk by this one grassy area there is one lone pine cone there. It's been months now. Kind of sounds like the beginnings of a children's story book, huh. lol

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all my new followers! I appreciate your support and encouragement.

6 comments:

Meggan said...

That really does sound like the beginning to some sort of story...nice fairy tale-ish children's, or a creepy beginning to a mystery:) I really like it.

Nadege, said...

I really like your composition and the DOF you have used, nice image.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

That's clever ...

Kim Stevens said...

Love the image, and yes a book for sure! lol

Chesney said...

Beautiful shallow depth...and love the clarity of the cone and surrounding grass!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Months, huh? Makes me wonder if they ever cut the grass. :) Those woodpeckers are so hard to get, they always shy to the other side of the tree when I'm looking. Good luck, maybe you'll catch him another day.