Day 284 - Shades of Fall


I'm guest posting a tutorial on another blog on Thursday (you will have to check back on Thursday to see whose) and the theme I am guest posting for is leaves. Here in SoCal fall colors are not as easy to come by as in other parts of the country. We have sporadic trees here and there sprinkled with fall colors but you have to search them out. So in order to be able to get my post done in time (I am a bit of a procrastinator) I went in search of a pretty leaf I could take a picture of. Across the street from where we live is one tree that had a few fall colors on it so I drove over there and found a few leaves on the ground that had some pretty shades to them. This one was my fave.

Speaking of guest posting, I did a post over at Amber's Articles today called I Stand Upon What Never Changes. Be sure to stop by her blog and check it out. I promise you will be encouraged.

the long road

19 comments:

Unknown said...

It is beautiful!

Jaymi said...

this is so beautiful! I live in LA, so I'm having the same problem seeking out fall colors! But you've just inspired me to get out there and find a pretty fall leaf!

Amy said...

This is beautiful!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Fabulous colors and details!

Reena said...

Lovely and so sharp!

MeaganMusing said...

Beautiful color and detail here! Great job as always. I'm so impressed with all your photos! :)

One said...

Wow! Love the intricate details in this image. Very colorful too.

Cindy P said...

Love it! That's a beautiful leaf!!

Susan said...

What an amazing shot!! Love that color.

Hope your day is blessed♥

Unknown said...

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thx for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful detail in the veins! The color is great too!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Wonderful color and detail. (We have the same problem in Northern California as well.)

Tara said...

So beautiful, love the color, the detail...amazing!

Nadege, said...

Wonderful composition, colors and details.

Alyson and Ford said...

Love the clearness and simplicity - all about the beauty of the fall season.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Mia said...

This is simply stunning, I love the colours and the light.

Unknown said...

The lighting is just gorgeous. The colors are so brilliant. Lovely!

Liz said...

WOW!! The colours and the details are beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! Your photo was picked for the top five of Fabulous Friday! Thanks for participating. :)