Day 274 - Another Insect

I may have an obsession. lol Insects are just so incredible when you get to see them with all their details. The hubs helps feed my obsession though because he helps me find them. :) I'm loving all the cool colors on this guy. Obvious signs he was designed by an amazing Creator!

My camera has been giving me some issues the past few days. I think something may be wrong with my metering. I had to step waaaay down to compensate for the over exposure just to get this shot. I took it in to the repair shop today so we shall see what the diagnosis is. Hope it's not an expensive one. Thankfully I have my other body I can use in the mean time. Thank God for backup cameras. Anyone else ever have this issue?


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Love the detail in this guy! What a great capture!

I feel your pain with the camera issue. Mine has been in the shop for over a month now. I can't wait to get it back!

Jaymi said...

wow, REALLY great focus! I love the texture you added too!

Catherine said...

Great shot! Like what you did with it, too! Your post on my spider made me laugh!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Excellent picture. All that detail certainly gives good evidence of a Creator.

karren said...

Beautiful shot of the dragon fly. You tickled my funny bone with your comment, "Thankfully I have my other body" While I know perfectly well what you are referring to, I was thinking that I could sure use another body to be in while this one went in for repairs!

Kim Stevens said...

Maybe we could start an 'insects anonymous'night out, as I too have a obsession with insects! lol

Just this week a friend found not one but two praying mantis for me, and oh what fun!! Your capture of this guy is just fantastic!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

A nice obsession to have, Misty. :) Hope your camera doesn't take much work. Have a good week.

Nadege, said...

Nice details on the little fellow and good composition. Insects are so difficult, they never seem to sit still long enough.

Kristin said...

Wow, first I read your Mom's inspirational post and then I see this picture (my Mom loved dragonflies)! Maybe there is some divine intervention going on here today. Beautiful shot btw!

Anonymous said...

Great shot. I miss you linking up each week. :)

Heather said...

That is gorgeous!!

Seeing Each Day said...

Such incredible details in your overall incredible photo - I was amazed enough with how you've captured the wings and then looked down to the body! Beautiful processing too.

Anonymous said...

Incredible details...I share your passion of insects...they look so different close up!