Tutorial Tuesday - {Editing Process}



Welcome to another week of Tutorial Tuesday. As I said when I closed out last week's tutorial, I was asked about my editing process when I posted this picture on my blog. So, today's tutorial will show you how I did it.



SETTING UP THE SHOT
It was mid-day when I took this shot, but thankfully most of this tractor was shaded by a big tree. You can still get pretty good lighting if you look for shaded areas on bright sunny days. 

SETTINGS
As I have said before, I shoot Manual/RAW. I had my ISO set at 200, f/5.6, 135mm focal length, SS 1/250.  I just recently learned about the Sunny 16 rule which I have yet to experiment with, so I probably should have had my f-stop set a little higher. I will get into that some other time when I learn this rule myself. Here's a reference chart though if you are interested.

POST-PROCESSING
 I imported my photo into LR (lightroom). I use presets a lot because they make my job easier. For this preset I used  Sarah Ji's Almond Preset. I then increased the Fill Light to brighten up the shadows, upped the contrast and clarity. Increased the vibrance and decreased the saturation, slid the temperature a little more towards the blue to remove the over-yellowing effect. Then I chose Sean McCormack's EFF Dragan 3  preset and increased the exposure. That was it! I have included a print screen of my edits below:









As always, if you have any questions, let me know. I have a couple tutorials lined up thanks to your suggestions, so feel free to leave more suggestions for tutorials you would like me to cover in the comment section below.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I do love the edit on this shot. I just need to learn to play around more, so I can learn more about what PSE will do.

I started playing around with it, but now with an active toddler my time is limited, so I stick to a basic edit.

Unknown said...

I love seeing the difference between before and after. I love your edit!

Ashley Sisk said...

oooh I love the processing - makes a huge difference.

Reena said...

amazing difference with your edits!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

nicely done ~ really makes the tractor pop

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing your LR panel--very interesting! I like your shot, of course! Very nice pp'ng.

Lavender and Linen said...

Thank you so much for this valuable information. I'm new to photography so I'm interested in learning all I can. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog often. Have a great New Year!

Susan said...

Gosh...this is just incredible!!!!!!!