Day 292 - Challenged

I was challenged today. I got to meet up with a sweet new friend of mine that I met at our San Diego ClickinWalk. We got to spend some wonderful time together just photo chatting...about the business, about the ups and downs, the highs and lows. Can you guys relate? Anyway, she wanted to go do some shooting with me, so we headed over to a nearby hiking trail. To say it was a challenge for me is an understatement. She wanted to observe how I pick out my shots. Glancing around I saw a lot of dried up brush, twigs, some fence posts and dead trees and that was about it, not to mention it was mid day so lighting conditions were horrific. I took on the challenge head on and found this lovely fence post with a cool little hole in the middle of it and the barbed wire wrapped around. I threw in a couple of these weed looking things and viola! I found me a shot. It was neat to be challenged. It really made me think a little more creatively.


Click It Up A Notch


11 comments:

ju-north said...

Beautiful image!

Nadege, said...

A wonderful result.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful picture, I love it all it's simplicity. Looks like texture of the tree is like glowing.

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shot :)

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Just wonderful !

Serendipityissweet said...

This is beautiful. At first I thought it was a tree trunk and didn't notice the barbed wire until I read your post. Well done ;)

Jaymi said...

really nice detail and depth of field!

Unknown said...

I'd say you passed that challenge with flying colors! Nice touch adding in the little dried flowers.

Kmcblackburn said...

You definitely rose to the challenge! The textures are wonderful.

Kathy

Unknown said...

A challenge is always good for expanding and stretching your creativity. I love a challenge :o). This photo is beautiful! I love the color, light and lines. Thank you for sharing!

Brooke said...

Very creative, indeed! Looks like you did great under pressure ;D I love the lighting and composition. That's a fence?!?!