Tutorial Tuesday - {Editing Process}



Welcome to another week of Tutorial Tuesday. I was asked about my editing process when I posted this picture on my blog. So, today's tutorial will show you how I did it.



SETTING UP THE SHOT
It was mid-day when I took this shot and the sun was just to my right, but I loved how the leaves were lit up and I knew I could probably fix it in my editing process later.

SETTINGS
As I have said before, I shoot Manual/RAW. I had my ISO set at 100, f/3.8, 22mm focal length, SS 1/640.

POST-PROCESSING
 I imported my photo into LR (lightroom). I use presets a lot because they make my job easier. For this preset I just started clicking on different Presets I usually like the look of. I tried  Sarah Ji's Almond Preset but it still looked too bland. I left it though and then clicked on Sean McCormack's EFF Dragan 3  preset but I wanted a little more pop in the color so I clicked on Pseudo HDR Preset. It was too yellow-y then so I decreased the saturation, increased the contrast, decreased the vignette. Some people tend to overdo the vignette on their photos. I used to do the same thing too but less is better when it comes to vignette. I read somewhere that when you adjust your vignette and you think it looks right, decrease it a little more. It still looked to yellow-y for me, so I slid my temperature from yellow a little more toward the blue to take away some of the yellow tint. I wanted to bring out the sky a little more so I increased the blue saturation and luminance and decided I liked my finished product.  When I get an idea in my mind, I just adjust my different sliders until I get the look I want. That's really my "secret" to it all. I included a screen shot below of my edits.







As always, if you have any questions, let me know. Feel free to leave more suggestions for tutorials you would like me to cover in the comment section below.

2 comments:

Nadege, said...

Thank you for this great tutorial and links.
I got to use the 'mouse over' code today for Texture Tuesday and it worked a treat.

Scott said...

Nice tutorial. It does look like an HDR shot.