Day 191 - Summer in SoCal/Ten on Ten


As we walked out of church tonight, I was reminded why I love living in Southern California. Where else do you get a view like this?
--------------------------------------------------
I also took part in a fun new link up today called Ten on Ten. Basically on the 10th of each month, you take 10 pictures for 10 hours that shows how a basic day goes for you. This was actually pretty fun. So, here is my day in 10 photos over 10 hours.

10:00ish AM
Sitting in Sunday School going over our memory verse taken out of Psalm 19

11:00ish AM
I am one of the church pianists. Getting ready for the song service.

12:00ish PM
Church is over and baby girl decided to entertain us while we cleaned up after the potluck

1:00ish PM
Some doves have taken up residence under one of the awnings. The mom kept bringing more branches to make the nest while the baby sat there patiently.  You can see the little head of the baby sticking up.

2:00ish PM
Home between church watching the rest of the movie I started last night - The Doctor.


3:00ish PM
Going through some of the submissions to the Favorite Photo of the Week Contest.

4:00ish PM
Time to take a quick nap before baby girl wakes up from hers.

5:00ish PM
Eating dinner so we can get ready and go back to church.

6:00ish PM
Back at church. My turn for nursery. We have a whopping 2 kids in nursery - my daughter and my nephew. They were enjoying Elmo on my portable DVD player.

7:00ish PM
Church is over. Time to run outside and play for a little bit. Daddy trying to keep up with baby girl while she runs out all her extra energy.
So, there you have it.  A day in my life. This was a fun linkup! Feel free to join in next month on the 10th.

ten on ten button

16 comments:

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Your pictures are fantastic!!! Cute little girl!!! Love the bible picture!

Nadege, said...

What a cool idea, great photos.

Melanie said...

These are so great! I love the one of Daddy chasing the cute little energizer bunny. How pretty are you! Isn't it great to actually ake a bit of a nap when the munchkins do?!

Christina, Sweden said...

a nice way to follow your day :-)
lot's of lovely details and great compositions

Simon said...

Wow busy day. I think doing a 365 and a 10 on 10 might make me crazy. Perhaps I'll try this at a later time.
I too love that last "chasing" image and also the kiddos glued to the elmo DVD.

Anonymous said...

That was a cool idea. I think I enjoyed looking at them as much as you did taking them.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day. Cute photos.

MeaganMusing said...

I think that is such a fun idea! I might have to give it a try sometime. It really gives you a feel for what kind of day you had. I like your self portrait. It's always nice to work in a nap. :)

{ T G L } said...

Nice shots! And I love that psalm. The image of the sun as a bridegroom emerging from the bridal chamber is really powerful.

And SoCal is the best, I agree :)

Blessings,
This Good Life

Branson said...

That first one is so cool! Great peek at your day! Someday I will remember to do this ;)

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

These photos were fun, I can never remember the ten on ten until it's over and everyone posts their pics. Darn, maybe next month.

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

I'm in Northern CA, and I feel the same love for where I live :-)

Chesney said...

I would love a palm tree view like that...I can see why you love CA! Looks like a busy but great day!

Catherine said...

Great set! Nice to see you on the other side of the camera, too!

Sandra V. said...

Very cool idea...and great pics!

Anonymous said...

I play the piano at church, too, so I especially appreciate that photo.