Day 207 - Flying Into the Sunset


I did something new and completely out of my "Element" (pun intended - you'll get that in a sec) today.

There is a small airport near my home and I wanted to get some planes flying in around sunset. A few nights ago we were driving home from church and the sunset was so gorgeous and seeing the planes fly over gave me the idea to get my camera one of these days and go take some shots of it. Well, tonight the sky was not that impressive. Kinda dull actually. I was taking some practice shots while I was waiting on the planes to come and took a picture of the sun just as it was beginning to set. It set pretty fast and by the time the planes came the sky was lit up but just a dull orange color. So....I decided to experiment a bit and take the two pictures I liked and combine them in PE. This is only my 2nd time ever using PE and I had to watch a tutorial on how to do it, but I must say, I am pretty pleased with the results. Sure was time consuming though. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to capture these planes with a gorgeous sky backdrop.

Here are the two pictures I combined.



On a side note, Branson over at My Reflection of Something wrote up a great post today with some VERY useful information for bloggers. I know, I know...you are going to skip right past my link and click the "Next" button at the top of your browser to read the next blog but WAIT! FIRST you HAVE to go read Branson's post today. She wrote about some important issues a lot of bloggers need to be aware of, so before you click "Next" to read the next blog, read hers first. (Well actually, leave a nice comment for me and THEN go read her post:) Thanks, guys! Have a great day.

19 comments:

Christina, Sweden said...

You did a great job! such strong color and the plane look great. The sun in perfect. Really like this

Heidi said...

WOW! It is so gorgeous and I am super impressed by your editing comittment and skills... nice work!

Nadege, said...

Great job, the combined images are very well balanced to give a wonderful composition.

Simon said...

I think the image you created is really stunning. I also like the plane image you started with. In fact I'm rather at wow on the whole thing. Love it.

nat said...

What a great idea to combine the two! Beautiful photo.

KarenB said...

Absolutely stunning! Combining those two images raised this from beautiful to spectacular.

Ashley Sisk said...

That is gorgeous - great idea to combine the two.

melifaif said...

Amazing. Beyond impressed.

Reena said...

The picture came out beautiful!

Pam Bowers said...

Very good blend of 2 pictures to make one awesome shot!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

You are so smart, Misty. I love it--don't know if I could do it, but you did a great job. Happy week.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great photo work,both with the camera and with PSE

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Goodness! Your airplane shots are INCREDIBLE! The black is so beautiful against the orange - wow! Very powerful!

Cheryl said...

Nice job on combining the two pics. You are a quick study, Misty!

Melissa said...

Gracious!!! This is incredible!!

Cindy said...

love this! my oldest son jared has been flying a cessna 172...yep. that means that he was flying before he was driving! so...you know that planes are near to our hearts! :)

Amy said...

LOVE this! Gorgeous.

Karin M. said...

...fantastische Aufnahmen...sie gefallen mir sehr gut....
LG: Karin

Calvin said...

Very nice work. I would offer a comment. To the uninitiated the aircraft will *appear* to be flying away which is in keeping with the graphic's motif; however, the biplane is actually flying *toward* the camera. The giveaway is the tail fin is missing because it is hidden behind the fuselage and wings. If the aircraft was flying *away* the tail would be prominently visible above the tail empennage.