Day 201 - Waiting...


 This young lady just intrigued me as she stood on the pier waiting...waiting for whom? The picture leaves a story untold and that's what I love the best about it.

I was actually waiting for my awesome blogging buddy, Kristin! I met Kristin through this 365 journey and she has been one of my biggest encouragers and supporters. A couple weeks ago she e-mailed me telling me she was going to be in my neck of the woods so we decided to meet! I was SO stoked to meet her and her wonderful family. We spent a couple hours together walking the pier and taking pictures and then enjoying a nice snack at the pier's diner. It was like two friends reuniting instead of just meeting for the first time. Her husband so graciously and happily took our picture for us. :)

We do really like each other but the wind was so crazy we both had to face the same direction to keep our hair from blowing in our faces. lol

13 comments:

Kristin said...

I had such a wonderful time today. Thank you so much for clearing your calendar and making the effort to get together with me and for putting up with my crazy family. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy our time together, but my DH had a good time as well and you got the "totally cool" vote from the kids, so you are pretty special in our book! When I got home my stepmom asked how I knew who you were, and I told her I knew who you were the minute I saw you; like you said, it was like meeting up with an old friend rather than with someone I'd never met before. I love those instant connections and know in my heart that God had a plan for us! ((Big hugs to you sister friend.))

I love the picture of the girl waiting and can now see why you were so intrigued with her. I would love to go back to that place or a downtown area sometime with you and shoot without distractions...oh the fun we could have!

Simon said...

Love that girl waiting shot and the black and white a super choice. How fortunate to meet a blogger friend. I did speak with one on the phone once-yup, like an old friend.

Chesney said...

How much fun is that? It is so neat meeting up w/ blogging friends...I have met a few and it has always been a fantastic experience! Hoping to meet up w/ BillZ next week as I will be traveling to Oregon!

karren said...

Well, you lucky girls! I like your photo together and especially the girl waiting. That one is a classic.

Ashley Sisk said...

How fun - I love bloggy meet ups!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Both are wonderful pics. You are both beautiful and your capture was beautiful too. :)

Mari said...

I love that shot! Glad you were able to meet Kristen too.

Catherine said...

First, I really like the comp of the first photo! Very cool. Second, I'm so glad you got to meet Kristin--and her adorable family! She's so open and friendly that I totally get what you mean when you say it was like meeting an old friend! Great photo of both of you! Way to go Michael!

Becky said...

What a great capture, beautiful! I just couldn't point a camera at someone I didn't know (I'm chicken!). I envy your bravery.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! I love it!

Jaime said...

I am in to 'story telling' too! Love this! Did you make her aware that you took it afterwards? I'm not sure if I should or not. :) Love the pic of you and Kristin too...how fun!

Jamie said...

The first pic is wonderful and makes you wonder what she is waiting for. Love how your pics tell a story!!

How cool is it that you two got to meet each other!! I am a little jealous here :)

Amy said...

Love the first photo and the questions it brings up. So happy for you and Kristin that you got to met!